• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

HE tunnel issues for Apple devices

Started by cshilton, February 25, 2024, 02:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cshilton

I don't have two much information about this right now. Having said that, I've noticed that my Apple devices, iPads, and iPhones, are having trouble connecting to my network when the HE tunnel is up and active. When I reboot my iPad, it comes up and doesn't indicate that it's connected to my WiFi. I give it a minute, then connect it to the WiFi either in Setup or by pulling down the control pad and toggling the WiFi off, then back on once, quickly. If I do this in Setup, most of the time the device will have an error message: "No Internet Connection". Toggling the WiFi off and then back on solves the "No Internet Connection" problem and things just work as I expect them to from then on.

Turning off SLAAC so devices don't get an IPv6 address automatically fixes this problem.

I've taken a tcpdump of my iPad starting and I'm looking to see what IPv6 traffic the iPad is  trying to send at startup. Nothing is being blocked and nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Did my google searches on the subject fail because I looked for the wrong thing or because this problem is too obscure?