• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Tunnel Reassigned??

Started by newkirk, May 17, 2009, 11:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkirk

I recently set up two tunnels for testing purposes, one at home and one at work (an ISP).  (two separate accounts, one 'newkirk', one 'escwireless')

Earlier today I had intermittent problems routing from home, then it died completely.  No ipv6 traffic passes inbound over the tunnel, anything outbound vanishes without a trace.  I can ping6 the IP of the local tunnel endpoint at home (2001:470:7:66::2) from work with no problem, but the packets don't actually arrive at my home router.  :'(

From the tunnel endpoint at work (ssh via ipv4) "telnet 2001:470:7:66::2 25" responds with "220 puck.litech.org ESMTP Exim 4.69 Sun, 17 May 2009 14:05:48 -0400"...  HUH? ???

If I use traceroute from http://lg.he.net/ to my local tunnel endpoint (2001:470:7:66::2) it indicates that I'm successfully reaching lutchann-2-pt.tunnel.tserv13.ash1.ipv6.he.net (2001:470:7:66::2), while at the same time tunnelbroker.net indicates my tunnel is identified as newkirk-1.tunnel.tserv13.ash1.ipv6.he.net...

Is this some temporary routing problem, was the tunnel endpoint doubly-assigned, or what?? 

j

kcochran

Old code could wind up assigning multiple people the same local tunnel id, which didn't pop up until some recent cleanups.  The code has since been fixed to prevent this case from ever happening again.  However, those who wound up with overlapping tunnels had to be de-overlapped.  As there are a number of items generated off the tunnel id, the only way to properly detach was to remove the duplicated assignments.  If you had a tunnel and it's gone MIA, you may need to rebuild it.

newkirk

"rebuild" as in take the tunnel down and re-establish it, or re-request a tunnel via the web control panel?

j

kcochran

Rebuild as in re-request one in the tunnelbroker website.

newkirk

hmmm, yes I see that it's now back to blank.  Will do, thanks for the assist.

j

bjd

I had this problem too. I tried to sign up for another tunnel however I get this message: 

Fatal error: Call to undefined method DB_Error::numRows() in /home/tb/public_html/modules/tb.inc.php on line 301

Thanks in advanced.

lard

Same problem.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method DB_Error::numRows() in /home/tb/public_html/modules/tb.inc.php on line 301

kcochran

Ok, error should be gone and created tunnels should show up again.

lard

Yes. Thank you very much. ;D