• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Test on IPv6-based virtual web hosting and virtual email domain

Started by warrenkwok, July 12, 2009, 09:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warrenkwok

Hi I am new to this Forum. 

I suggest tests on virtual web hosting and virtual email domain on IPv6-based web and SMTP servers.  That is to say, an IPv6 address can serve multiple web and email domains based fully qualified domain names. These are very important features in web hosting for IPv4 world.  I think network administrators should be able to do the same in IPv6 world.

Thanks.

Warren Kwok

kriteknetworks

Heh, I used virtual hosts for the tests, as I'm sure did others....I don't see how differentiating them adds anything of value.

snarked

I concur.  The tests should be with regard to one's knowledge of IPv6, not of other things.

arpanpandit

Hi I am new to this Forum. 

I suggest tests on virtual web hosting and virtual email domain on IPv6-based web and SMTP servers.  That is to say, an IPv6 address can serve multiple web and email domains based fully qualified domain names. These are very important features in web hosting for IPv4 world.  I think network administrators should be able to do the same in IPv6 world.

I would also like to  know how to pass the tests and get more Certificates.

Thanks.

Arpan Pandit.

broquea

As two other users pointed out, that is fairly redundant. Name based virtual hosting doesn't need to be tested, and with IPv6, you should be able to do better than that, especially where SSL certs are concerned and require a unique static IP address.

I would also like to  know how to pass the tests and get more Certificates.

If you are having problems getting software configured, make sure to try asking specific questions on the forums, and hopefully someone can help you figure out a solution.