• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

IPv6 on SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Started by grobe0ba, July 18, 2010, 12:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grobe0ba

I've already got a fully functional tunnel and routing set up on my internal network, with several other computers using it. I'm attempting to configure a static IPv6 address on SCO UnixWare 7.1.4. I've tried all the standard incarnations of ifconfig, but the network configuration pages are missing both from my local documentation and from the hosted documentation. This version of UW is supposed to support IPv6, but man ifconfig yields no light on the matter. Anyone have any ideas, or archived documentation?

cholzhauer

grobe0ba

I'm only using SCO to play with on an eval license. I wanted to experience the glory that was System V, albeit in a slightly modified form. I also hadn't seen that document. I haven't had a chance to read all the way through, but it looks like it may help.

brad

Quote from: grobe0ba on July 18, 2010, 09:52:07 AM
I'm only using SCO to play with on an eval license. I wanted to experience the glory that was System V, albeit in a slightly modified form. I also hadn't seen that document. I haven't had a chance to read all the way through, but it looks like it may help.

Why not Solaris? Which isn't anywhere near as crufty as UnixWare or OpenServer.

grobe0ba

I'm running Solaris too. I'm still having problems assigning a static IPv6 address with it. I keep getting bad value errors from ifconfig. As I said, I'm running SCO for shits and giggles, nothing more. I don't ever expect to use it in a production environment. Oddly enough, I'm getting the same bad value errors on SCO. It's being bloody wierd. None of the man pages mention IPv6 support, but the documentation says I should be able to. Contradictions within contradictions. I should just give up, but I'm far too stuborn.