• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Low bandwidth in Germany since friday

Started by jucs, November 14, 2009, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jucs

Hey there,

I've got some problems with my HE tunnel since friday. All german ipv6 hosts answer extremly slow or not at all, while foreign ones seem to be unaffected. Are there any know problems concerning Germany at the moment?

broquea

We increased capacity to DE-CIX, otherwise no negative changes on our side or that we've noticed. All peers and customers are getting the correct number of IPv6 routes from us. Tunnel server traffic pattern hasn't changed much either.

Also any traceroutes or ipv6 addresses that are unresponsive for you, please email us the information at ipv6@he.net.

jucs

Thank you for your fast answer!

As far as I can see the problem seems to be solved by this morning. At least I'm now again able to connect to my two test hosts without problems. :-)

hameno

hi,
i'm not sure if it fits in here, but is it normal that tunnels provided by he are capped at ~2mbps down, 38xkbps up? I tried the nearest pop @ frankfurt, then a still relatively close and not as much used as fra1 (zurich) but i cannot get speeds beyond ~200KB/s. (i tried with several ipv6 speedtests and the debian server, which is at 2001:6b0:e:2018::173 and 2001:6b0:e:2018::137)

I'm from Germany (Berlin) connected with an ADSL2+ line by Versatel with ~14,8Mbps down, 640 Kbps up.

hameno

broquea

Quote from: hameno on January 10, 2010, 01:18:44 PM
hi,
i'm not sure if it fits in here, but is it normal that tunnels provided by he are capped at ~2mbps down, 38xkbps up? I tried the nearest pop @ frankfurt, then a still relatively close and not as much used as fra1 (zurich) but i cannot get speeds beyond ~200KB/s. (i tried with several ipv6 speedtests and the debian server, which is at 2001:6b0:e:2018::173 and 2001:6b0:e:2018::137)

I'm from Germany (Berlin) connected with an ADSL2+ line by Versatel with ~14,8Mbps down, 640 Kbps up.

hameno

We don't rate-limit the tunnels, aside from what the hardware has for physical uplink.

hameno

Ok, any idea why the tunnel cant get beyond 200KB/s?

broquea

Quote from: hameno on January 10, 2010, 03:38:50 PM
Ok, any idea why the tunnel cant get beyond 200KB/s?

Need more information, traceoutes both v4 to the tserv, v6 to the other host. Maybe the remote site is rate limiting v6 connections, or on a different connection speed than their v4 side? Lots of possibilities.

hameno

I just did some tests, and found out that these servers are in Sweden and even the IPv4 does only get 200KB/s. Do you know any IPv6 Server, where i can test the full bandwidth? Maybe i have to tweak my QoS Settings in my router a little bit, which Port does the Tunnelserver use, so that i prioritize this traffic?

broquea

Tunnel-servers use Protocol 41, not a service running on a port.

hameno

Yeah just read that, seems that was the issue, now traffic is flowing better...