• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

How to create new tunnel on website

Started by heic, November 17, 2009, 02:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heic

Hi Guys,

After selecting "Create regular tunnel" and entering my ip address in the field "IPv4 endpoint: (your side of the tunnel)", I get the following error:

"Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked."

We are behind a very strict firewall which I don't control. Does this mean we cant try HE's tunnelbroker?

broquea

It means you need to open ICMP to either 66.220.2.74 or 64.62.200.2, you don't have to open it to the world.

heic

Yes but we don't have access to modify the firewall rules unfortunately.

I wonder if to get around this problem, could I tunnel my OS/X mac at work (Which has some ICMP traffic blocked), to my OS/X mac at home, which already has a working IPv6 tunel?

cholzhauer

we wont get into the fact that icmp should be enabled anyway.

you can also check into sixxs which lets you do a dynamic tunnel that doesnt require you to punch holes in the firewall

heic

Yes, I know, our network admins are not that competent. Most of them think that IPv6 is dead because a better alternative solution was invented called "NAT"

cholzhauer

barish

Hi.. I am having the same problem. I am using Windows XP Pro with IPv6 enabled. I have live IP that is 210.56.16.35 and I even tried my other live IPs like 210.56.16.10 (mail server) and 210.56.16.1 (gateway router) but every time I got the same result. Any user around the world can ping or telnet my computers.

Now what I am doing wrong?

-Kamran Mahmood (barish70@gmail.com)

Quote from: heic on November 17, 2009, 02:22:48 PM
Hi Guys,

After selecting "Create regular tunnel" and entering my ip address in the field "IPv4 endpoint: (your side of the tunnel)", I get the following error:

"Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked."

We are behind a very strict firewall which I don't control. Does this mean we cant try HE's tunnelbroker?

cholzhauer

C:\Users\cholzhauer>ping 210.56.16.35

Pinging 210.56.16.35 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 203.215.176.18: Destination net unreachable.

Ping statistics for 210.56.16.35:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss),

Your firewall is blocking ICMP traffic.  What are you using for a firewall?