• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Tunnel Broker not working anymore

Started by mrkazador, May 13, 2010, 03:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkazador

It was working perfectly fine before and now 1 day it stopped working. I try to load a ipv6 webpage(google) and it hangs for a minute and gives me an error, connection timed out. When I uninstall ipv6 and try to load the same webpage(google) I INSTANTLY get an error saying server not found with Firefox.

Using Windows XP, this is what I have tried:
Reset TCPIP.
Reset Winsock.
Uninstalled IPV6 from my network connections and reinstalled.
Changed Tunnel Broker servers.
Reset modem and got a new IP(created new tunnel).
Connecting directly to modem bypassing router.
Used a Laptop with Vista.

Nothing is working, anyone have an idea?

cholzhauer

Can you ping any IPv6 addresses?

Can you post a copy of your routing tables and ipconfig /all ?

mrkazador

That is the information you wanted correct?

cholzhauer

Yep, that's it.

The reason nothing is working is because your adapter does not have an IPv6 address assigned to it.  You also don't have any routes in your routing table for IPv6 (which is probably caused by the first problem)

IIRC XP won't let you add an IPv6 address via the GUI, so you'll have to add one via the command line.

mrkazador

Quote from: cholzhauer on May 13, 2010, 12:37:28 PM
IIRC XP won't let you add an IPv6 address via the GUI, so you'll have to add one via the command line.

So how do I do this? Isn't this the commands Tunnel Broker gives when you create a tunnel?

cholzhauer

mrkazador

Can you give an example command? I'm not really good with this stuff...

mrkazador

Funny, I was just looking at that now and trying two of the commands. Doesn't seem to work.

I insert my ipv6 address from tunnel broker correct?

netsh interface ipv6 add route tunnel broker ipv6 address "Local Area Connection"
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 tunnel broker ipv6 address "Local Area Connection"

cholzhauer

the default route should be to shoot traffic out your side of the tunnel, so ::2

mrkazador

Still not working for me, not sure if this is the correct command...

netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 "Local Area Connection" fe80::213:d3ff:fe4f:882f

cholzhauer

is fe80::213:d3ff:fe4f:882f the IPv6 address of your gateway?  If so, that's fine.

For windows, you also need to assign an address out of your routed /64 to your local area connection

mrkazador

Yes, that is the gateway shown in ipconfig/all.

Here is what I have now, is this right?
My brain is going to explode, I don't really know what I am doing.

C:\Documents and Settings\*****>netsh interface ipv6 show route
Querying active state...

Publish  Type       Met  Prefix                    Idx  Gateway/Interface Name
-------  --------  ----  ------------------------  ---  ---------------------
no       Manual       0  2001:470:c:51f::/64         7  Local Area Connection
no       Manual       0  ::/2                               7  fe80::213:d3ff:fe4f:882f

jimb

You need to create the tunnel inteface, use "netsh int ipv6 add addr" to add your client IPv6 address to the tunnel interface, then add a default route pointing out of the tunnel.  Just go along with the example commands shown on the page for your tunnel.

You also want to get rid of that route to the link local.

NOTE: this presumes that your XP box is the tunnel box.  If it's just a node on the LAN that already has an IPv6 tunnel router, you simply need to add an address from your routed /64 to your LAN interface, and point a default route to the LAN interface of your router box.

mrkazador

Quote from: jimb on May 13, 2010, 02:01:38 PM
NOTE: this presumes that your XP box is the tunnel box.  If it's just a node on the LAN that already has an IPv6 tunnel router, you simply need to add an address from your routed /64 to your LAN interface, and point a default route to the LAN interface of your router box.

Way over my head...I signed up with Tunnel Broker to create a tunnel. I selected my OS and inserted the commands.
ipv6 rtu ::/0 2/::66.220.18.42 pub
ipv6 adu 2/2001:470:c:51f::2

I'm starting to think its a problem with my ISP because I have a laptop with Vista and it has the same problem. I cannot go onto any ipv6 websites. Just 1 day it stopped working...