• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Issues with mail servers

Started by mryanbrown, September 28, 2010, 05:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mryanbrown

Running postfix for a domain. I'm unable to send emails to other services which I would expect by default. But is this firm? No way around it? I only ask because some ISPs still don't support sending mail via IPv6. I'm also unable to receive mail from IPv4 mail servers. Anyone know what's up?

EDIT: What I mean by I would expect by default is that I understand blocking outgoing unsecured relays on port 25.

broquea

Do you mean this is an issue when using the PPTP BETA IPv4 address? If so, this has been posted on the forums previously that SMTP is filtered out due to abuse that already started sourcing from the IP ranges.

If you mean over IPv6, then how can we help test it for you? We aren't filtering anything on IPv6, only SMTP on the PPTP BETA IPv4 address.

mryanbrown

I'm not even sure if it's an issue or lack of support. Some ISPs I'm unable to receive email from via IPv6. Like Cox and Google.

EDIT: To clarify, incoming smtp is also blocked on port 25?

broquea

Cox and Google have IPv6 deployed mail servers? I know gmail's webui is IPv6 but their MTA servers were not. You might need someone on an IPv6 capable mailserver to email you as a test.

SMTP is filtered on the PPTP BETA IPv4 address, not on the tunnel's IPv6 address ranges.

lukec

QuoteYou might need someone on an IPv6 capable mailserver to email you as a test

Post the mail address you want to test and I'll send you an email from IPv6.
Regards
lukec