• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Google forcing ReCAPTCHA on all searches from my HE assigned IPv6 address

Started by cshilton, May 31, 2023, 01:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napsterbater

Quote from: papamidnight on September 06, 2024, 08:41:17 AMThis has started again, and with a vengeance at that.

For the "select image" reCAPTCHA prompts, they present and will fail regardless of whether or not you answer them correctly. Likewise, the reCAPTCHA v2 prompts that are put in the background of other websites are outright failing without presenting any option.

This is on both /64 and /48 tunnels.

Seeing the same thing :-(

Jenick

Seeing the same here on multiple third-party sites using google's recaptcha backend.  I had to re-enable blocking of AAAA for .google.com and .googleapis.com to temporarily resolve it.

PhilBZ

Quote from: papamidnight on September 06, 2024, 08:41:17 AMThis has started again, and with a vengeance at that.

For the "select image" reCAPTCHA prompts, they present and will fail regardless of whether or not you answer them correctly.
[...]

This is on both /64 and /48 tunnels.

I've seen this across multiple sites, including my not-very-good ISP.  Forever failing reCCAPTCHA is not fun.

Quote from: Jenick on September 13, 2024, 06:58:05 PMSeeing the same here on multiple third-party sites using google's recaptcha backend.  I had to re-enable blocking of AAAA for .google.com and .googleapis.com to temporarily resolve it.

This worked -- I've been blocked AAAA lookups for a number of problematic domains.

I think the difficulty is that it needs HE to be able to convince Google that these aren't bad IP ranges... but I doubt Google care.