• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Reliable Domain Registration in the UK

Started by JimBlake, September 10, 2010, 01:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBlake

Can any of you in the UK recommend a company offering IPv6 domain registratio in the UK. I need to register a fully IPv6-capable domain name and I'm not seeing anyone except Go-Daddy that states they are IPv6 capable, and that company has had mixed reviews in this forum.

Thanks

Jim Blake

cholzhauer

I'm not seeing anyone except Go-Daddy that states they are IPv6 capable, and that company has had mixed reviews in this forum.

My place of employment has many domains with them and honestly, we've never had a problem with their service.

JimBlake

OK, so why, when I emailed GoDaddy, would they respond like this:
QuoteThank you for contacting Online Support.  IPv6 is not supported at this time.  We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,

John C.
Support

Customer Inquiry
Do you support FULL IPv6 DNS capabilities on ALL domains? or on just a
few, like .com, .co.uk ?

Now I'm questioning their knowledge of their systems.....

cholzhauer

they told me the same thing when i asked them, but when i set everything up, it just worked

JimBlake

So can you tell me if they have full support, or if as I have read elsewhere, its only on some HLDs?

cholzhauer

it is only for some tld's.  there is a list in the forums here somewere

donbushway

It might be helpful to know what TLD you are looking for, since not all TLDs support IPv6.

JimBlake

I'm looking for .co.uk, .com, or really any UK or non-geographically specific TLD initially. If all goes according to plan, I then need to migrate existing an existing .co.uk.

cholzhauer

i know for sure that it is supported with .net and .com

JimBlake

OK, I bit the bullet and signed up to both a .net and a .co.uk with GoDaddy. They both support IPv6, at least as far as I can tell with nslookup at this early stage.

This is good, but it's a bit disappointing that GoDaddy staff don't know that they support IPv6 (see above posting) - Bizzare!!

Thanks to all the replies and comments

snarked

You definently bit the bullet.  You need to see the NoDaddy site - http://forums.nodaddy.com/