• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

HE tunnel status page?

Started by daudi, January 03, 2011, 01:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daudi

Hello,
I am using a tunnel since 2009 and lately experience down times that did not occur in the past, at least not to this extent. I do not know who's fault it is, the issues may very will be caused somewhere on my side. Right now for example, I have 100% packet loss for several hours already.

I'd like to know if you have some sort of status page for your tunnel gateways or down time records I can check, if there is no throughput next time.

Sincerely,
M.H.

cholzhauer

daudi

Alright, since there is a green light everywhere I guess it's my own fault.
I really don't get it though. I can nicely set my IPv4 endpoint, so HE can ping/reach it though IPv4 at least.

Pinging the HE tunnel endpoint 2001:470:1f0a:b3d::1 or ipv6.google.com still times out.

This is not the first time and when it happened in the past, I always kept a terminal with an infinite ping up.
After hours it then suddenly worked again without me changing anything regarding my client configuration.

There is one anomaly though:
Due to an unrelated issue my box was not responding to ICMP for several hours today.
My automatic IPv4 endpoint update script was then caught in a loop due to the unexpected "Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable" message and tried to update it every few seconds for a few hours. Can it be that these desperate update attempts have been recognized as abuse and that my tunnel has been (hopefully temporarily) suspended? :'(

daudi

All of a sudden, it works again.

broquea

Nothing will automatically suspend you.

Only human interaction on our part will suspend or terminate tunnels/accounts, and we always email the POC for the account prior to termination (DMCA, sourced attacks, etc.), and immediately after a suspension (like flapping BGP tunnels, etc.).