• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

System outage ?

Started by Ninho, February 04, 2011, 05:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninho

Howdy! My tunnels non operational today, despite everything seems to be as usual both at the tunnelbroker setting page (Frankfürt POP ) & with my local machines.

Is there a general outage, or Frankfurt or just /my/ tunnel in particular ? I'm understanding the generous terms of your service of course and not ranting about downtimes, it's just I'm surprised at finding no information on HE's sites (or I don't know where to look...)

As I said, everything is configured as usual as far as I'm concerned - only "special" thing I can think of mentioning, just it case - yesterday I connected (briefly) to my assigned PPTP tunnel. It was working indeed. Shouldn't have a bearing on today's IPv6 tunnel not working, though...

Please advise, whether I should contact support (email?) or just be patient...

Not much is happening on the forum today either... maybe a sign of something borked on your side ;=)

TIA

--
Ninho

cholzhauer

Server status page shows everything up

http://www.tunnelbroker.net/status.php

I'd email ipv6@he.net so they are aware of it.

Ninho

Quote from: cholzhauer on February 04, 2011, 05:30:19 AM
I'd email ipv6@he.net so they are aware of it.

done. Thank you, sir and congratulations for your status ("hero"! That would be above "sage" even, I presume)

cholzhauer

I guess that's one way of looking at it ;)

The two aren't related though...the "hero" thing is just because I like to talk on the forums...the sage status is only for the certification tests.

Ninho

to update you all : in answer to my email, the HE engineer said everything looked fine at the tunnel brokers and could I check my end point. So I renewed the connection from my home ADSL modem/router, getting a new IP from my ISP and, behold! the tunnel started working again immediately. Next time - but I hope there won't be a next time - I'll try this /before/ calling for help (duh!)

It remains that I don't grasp what was stalling my tunnel and how changing IPs at my end unlocked it : any ideas ? (I do let my gateway answer pings so that is not an issue).

--
Ninho