• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Cant Create an Ipv6 Tunnel

Started by MonsterScript, February 11, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonsterScript

Hello, I am trying to create an Ipv6 tunnel, but it won't let me, I keep getting this error:
Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked. If you are blocking ICMP, please allow 66.220.2.74 through your firewall.

How can I fix this error? I am running on Windows 7 64-bit, Internet provider - AT&T.

cholzhauer

you just need to allow ping through your firewall. If youre behind a router, tell it to allow icmp.  make sure icmp is allowed through the windows firewall too

MonsterScript

Quote from: cholzhauer on February 11, 2011, 06:15:04 PM
you just need to allow ping through your firewall. If youre behind a router, tell it to allow icmp.  make sure icmp is allowed through the windows firewall too
I have unchecked the icmp block for my Belkin router (im connected via wifi on my laptop) and it still wont work, how can i allow it through windows firewall? I have also tried to tur off firewall, still get issue.

donbushway

MonsterScript

Quote from: donbushway on February 11, 2011, 08:00:48 PM
Allow ICMP ping on your modem.
I don't know how to/where to on the modem, I'm in the modem info but can't find anything to allow it through.

cholzhauer

which modem?

as fo the win firewall, you can either just turn it off or access the icmp stuff though the advanced firewall icon in the control panel under admin tools