• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

tunnelbroker and IRC

Started by nostalgic, August 06, 2008, 06:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostalgic

I recently joined tunnelbroker, and I want to start off by saying a big THANK YOU to all who make this free service possible!

Now here's what I'm trying to do (I have a tiny-bit of IPv6 exp, used to use go6), I want to use custom hosts on IRC, I've set up the tunnel, enabled my /48, set rdns delegation to afraid.org's ns, and then did a "netsh int ipv6 add address "Local Area Connection" 2001:0470:89b8::0001".

Yet I cant get an IRC connection when my client is set to bind to that host, I'm thinking I need to do Routing Advertisements on my Local Area Connection, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing that. (Hexago Client used to do that for me)

Any help or advice would be great, thanks.

karlbrose

The source address of your application must be on the interface that is used for routing the connection. Put an additional address on the tunnel interface. However, the application may still use the first address unless you can statically configure the application.

A few months ago I posted here somewhere about how to properly configure the Windows routing prefix policy tables so the additional address is used properly automatically. Search for "prefix policy" perhaps.

nostalgic

Thank you for your assistance guys.

I figured it was probably something simple.. just had to add /48 subnet to my LAN routes, enable forwarding on tunneling interface and LAN and then enable advertising :D