• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Win7 64. Worked briefly. Now not.

Started by deadman3000, March 31, 2011, 01:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman3000

I had previously setup my laptop to work with HE at home. I am at my fathers and all I did was change the IP on my secondary tunnel to his IP. This worked fine for a while. Then my fathers IP changed. Since then no matter what I do I cannot get the tunnel to work.

I am behind a Netgear WNDR3300 router which connects to BT Infinity via a VDSL modem.

Tried resetting IPv6 with a reboot but no joy. Tried disabling everything at startup and disabled Win7 firewall. Also tried DMZ and disabling router firewall and set it to open. No joy.

My command is as follows.

netsh interface teredo set state disabled
netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel IP6Tunnel 192.168.0.5 216.66.80.26
netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f08:b83::2
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f08:b83::1

But I just tried the Amsterdam tserve just to see if it was a problem with my nearest. Anyhow remote desktop to my home PC shows the primary tunnel using the closest server as working on that PC.

ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Laptop
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 5C-AC-4C-49-BD-1E
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6d94:77d8:8062:1be7%11(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 31 March 2011 21:12:58
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 01 April 2011 21:12:57
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 224177228
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-11-9B-C5-88-AE-1D-8C-78-4E

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9706ADC-A94D-4F3E-9D1E-1892B3B5AB09}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter IP6Tunnel:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Direct Point-to-point Adapater
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:470:1f14:1806::2(Preferred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7c4c:6fce:b3db:232f%16(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2001:470:1f14:1806::1
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Ping ipv6.google.com = 100% packet loss and all IPv6 tests fail.

Any ideas?

cholzhauer

Maybe his ISP started blocking protocol41?

If it used to work and the only thing that changed was the IP address at his house, the only thing you would have need to have changed is the IP address on your tunnelbroker account (the place where you tell HE what your IP address is)

deadman3000

Which is exactly what I did. I was happily using a IPv6 usenet account for a couple of hours. Then I could not connect. I changed the IP because he has a non-sticky IP address on the tunnel and from then on could no longer connect to anything IPv6 related. Makes me wonder if BT saw some high traffic coming from my IP and put a block on it.

cholzhauer

If that were the case, you'd still be able to ping google  or surf IPv6 sites.  As far as I know, HE doesn't really care what you use your tunnel for or how much traffic you use as long as it's all legal.

deadman3000

I ping ipv6.google.com and it shows the IPv6 address but I get no response. Just 100% packet loss. I wish HE would bring back their PPTP tunnel to get around this issue. I tried Gogo6 but they are blocking port 119 on my local tserve so that's a no go. Sixxs is also a a no go as it's far too slow for me and hard to setup (plus you have to run a console as their app does not work on Win7 64).

ratcheer

For what its worth, I have my tunnel endpoint on my router. My Ubuntu box uses IPv6 with no problems. At one point, I had it working on my Win7 box, but after a reboot, it still gets an IPv6 address, but will no longer surf the IPv6 net.

Is anything special needed to get the Win7 netsh commands to persist across reboots? Or, did something else go awry?

Tim

cholzhauer

The windows 7 commands should persist after a reboot.

Really, there are no commands for win7 if you're doing RA from your router.  Only commands you'd need to use are ones to set a static address, but that can be done via the gui.

ratcheer

Quote from: cholzhauer on April 01, 2011, 03:06:12 PM
The windows 7 commands should persist after a reboot.

Really, there are no commands for win7 if you're doing RA from your router.  Only commands you'd need to use are ones to set a static address, but that can be done via the gui.

Thanks. That is exactly what I would have thought. ipconfig shows that the Win7 client is assigned an IPv6 address from the router, but the Network Properties shows no IPv6 Internet connectivity. I don't know what needs to be changed to fix this. As I said, it was working at one point.

Tim

johnpoz

and is your client getting route?

I can not tell from the thread if your talking about the box that is endpoint of the tunnel or other machines on your network not working?

please post the output of your endpoint box, both ipconfig /all and route print.  And also netsh interface ipv6 dump

and then ipconfig /all and route print from any client machines on your network.

cholzhauer

Can you get a console session on your router to see if you can ping an IPv6 site?  We just need to make sure your tunnel is up before we go worrying about clients not working

johnpoz

^ He is not setting up tunnel on his router, he is behind router on windows 7 box.

ratcheer

Quote from: johnpoz on April 03, 2011, 02:26:02 PM
^ He is not setting up tunnel on his router, he is behind router on windows 7 box.

The tunnel endpoint is on my router running dd-wrt. My Linux client PC uses IPv6 via the tunnel every day. The Win7 client worked for a while, then just stopped. Both are getting their IPv6 IP via radvd running on the router.

I will try to collect the requested info and post back, when I can.

Thanks,
Tim

johnpoz

Oh I see why I was confused - you hijacked this thread that really has nothing to do with your issue at all.

The OP endpoint was on his win7 box, and seems his actual tunnel endpoint box is not working..  Your problem is completely different.

You really should create your own thread for your issue.

ratcheer

Quote from: johnpoz on April 05, 2011, 06:07:17 AM
Oh I see why I was confused - you hijacked this thread that really has nothing to do with your issue at all.

The OP endpoint was on his win7 box, and seems his actual tunnel endpoint box is not working..  Your problem is completely different.

You really should create your own thread for your issue.

I agree. I was starting to become aware that I had stepped on his thread, but people kept responding and I just kept answering them back.

I apologize to the original poster.

Tim