• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

some suggestions for tests

Started by chandro, April 08, 2011, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chandro

some suggestions:

-setup ipv6 irc server
-run irc bot with ipv6 at host on ipv6 server.
-ipv6 less latency, make it <100ms
-audio streaming via ipv6.
-make 5, 10 or 20 sites ipv6 ready, not just one.
-suggest to friend certification or ipv6 use.

there are some suggestion i imagine.
2001:0:0:7::B0ND

cholzhauer

Just playing devils advocate here:  (Please don't take this personally)

-setup ipv6 irc server
-run irc bot with ipv6 at host on ipv6 server

I'm sure there are some ISP's that frown on this and won't let you do it.  

-ipv6 less latency, make it <100ms
Dependent on your ISP and how far you are from your tunnel endpoint.  My tunnel is in Chicago and I'm sitting in Ohio...my ping times are running around 100ms currently, and that's probably as good as I can get them.

-audio streaming via ipv6.
Probably violates the TOS you have with your ISP (some, not all)

-make 5, 10 or 20 sites ipv6 ready, not just one

What's the point?  If you can do one site, you should be able to do 1,000.  Granted, it'll take more time to complete, but really, you're just doing the same thing over and over again.  At that point, I'm sure you could write a script to do it for you.

-suggest to friend certification or ipv6 use.

This one I like.  It gets the word out about IPv6 and helps educate more people; I'm all for it.

cconn

+1 on the recommendation.  Actually, you should get more sage points when somebody signs up and adds you as their referrer  :P

as for the ISPs frowning on IRC and whatnot, really?  We would never do such a thing unless abuse somehow creeps out of it.  Besides, its tunneled data so they would never even know its going on unless they were to check the payload of the tunnel...

I do agree that setting up n+1 sites is redundant.  The only difference would be if you could OS-fingerprint them to differring platforms, so you get points for Windows, points for Linux, points for NetBSD and top marks for Windows 3.11  8)

chandro

well, i suggest that for example, learn everything possible related with ipv6.

im going to install a irc, watch and then maybe delete it, maybe some bots, just to try everything.

about the domain, not just add the AAAA, i mean the certification test that check the domain on the root servers to see if glue bla bla bla... ( nice test )

2001:0:0:7::B0ND