• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Windows XP Router.

Started by deags, August 13, 2008, 04:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deags

I have successfully setup the tunnel. I set my mate up with the go6 client a few weeks ago on a different broker and it allowed advertisements to be sent from the windows box to the rest of his networks. I've been trying to do the same on this tunnel but have had no luck. How do i make it give pc's on the same network addresses in the /48? At present i run a dibbler server and dibbler client at present the pc's on the lan are getting the ipv6 addresses via the dibbler client but i have yet to add routes so connectivity is possible. What i would like to know is: Is it possible to setup some sort of server(like radvd on linux) on my windows XP box so other computers on the network can receive addresses with out any 3rd party software or extra config.

carrerasg

I guess maybe it might depend on how your lan is set up.  I finally decided to set mine up like this:

rtp300 - xpbox - di604 - lan

and it appears to work well with ipv6, I do have some unrelated ipv4 issues (mostly vpn from the lan) I also had to enable the xpbox as an ipv4 router and add a route to the rtp300s routing table for the lan.
Here is the script I run on the xpbox (the lan xp boxes only need ipv6 installed, everything else is automagic)

rem This sets up the tunnel
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 "Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" nexthop=::66.220.18.42 publish=yes
netsh interface ipv6 add address "Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" 2001:470:f:391::2

rem This adds the routed /64 to the network
netsh interface ipv6 add route 2001:470:g:391::/64 "Local Area Connection 2" publish=yes
netsh interface ipv6 set interface "Local Area Connection 2" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled
netsh interface ipv6 set interface "Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" forwarding=enabled

"Local Area Connection 2" being my lan facing NIC, the rtp300 is my router, and the di604 is functioning as a simple switch.  Hope this helps somewhat... took me quite a while to figure this out and I can't guarantee this is the absolute correct way to do this, but it works well for me.

deags

thanks very much. It works :) And now it is here for the next person.

I turned off dibbler server and client and it appears to be working with out 3rd party apps.

deags

hmmmm looks like computers are not being given ipv6 addresses. What have i done wrong here.

carrerasg

Hard to say, you'll need to give more specifics about how your network is setup.  The only thing I can think of right off is that (I believe) the "advertising" interface has to be on the lan segment that you are trying to give addresses to.  Of course you have to run ipv6 install on those machines too.