• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

AYIYA Support?

Started by Randomandy, September 16, 2008, 11:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomandy

How about AYIYA support to allow end users with dynamic IPs the opportunity to have static v6 IPs? I am new to this, but I believe AYIYA is one protocol that makes this possible and AICCU provides a client for several platforms to support it. Personally I am using it on OpenWRT.

Anybody else interested?

broquea

Users with dynamic IPs can already use our broker and establish tunnels, which gets them static IPv6 allocations associated with that tunnel. They simply must update their IPv4 endpoint with the system to maintain a working tunnel. The static IPv6 allocations are only removed when a user deletes the tunnel.

To update their dynamic IPv4 endpoint, those users have several options:

1) Log into tunnelbroker.net and update their endpoint
2) Use https://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php to update their endpoint (usage for that is displayed when you load that page)
3) Use one of many scripts contributed and written by tunnelbroker.net users

In the meantime, we'll take note of your suggestion of AYIYA and AICCU as possible future options.

Randomandy

Thank you for those options.

My main emphasis is on finding something that takes care of performing the endpoint updates automatically as needed without user monitoring. I believe some of the script submissions may be capable of doing this, but they are no where near as neatly packaged as what AICCU seems to be.

But if anyone can point me to an automonitoring script, I would welcome it.

Thanks

snarked

Both of those protocols are supported by Sixxs.net with their IPv6 tunnel service.  Might that be where you're coming from - or got the idea from?

Randomandy

Quote from: snarked on September 17, 2008, 11:12:26 AM
Both of those protocols are supported by Sixxs.net with their IPv6 tunnel service.  Might that be where you're coming from - or got the idea from?

Precisely. Hurricane has a point much closer to me though. SixXS is still a couple of states away. But I can't figure out how to automate monitoring of dynamic IP address changes when using Hurricane.