• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IP is not ICMP pingable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked how i rectify

Started by qamarali, October 23, 2011, 04:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qamarali

IP is not ICMP pingable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked. If you are blocking ICMP, please allow 66.220.2.74 through your firewall.

cholzhauer

So what are you asking us?  You need to allow icmp through your firewall

qamarali

That is what i m asking; how can i allow through firewall.

i m using win 7

pls help me out

cholzhauer

qamarali

dear still not find the answer, i attached the exact error which i been facing.

pls help

cholzhauer

qamarali

i don't know about ISP blocking the ip or not but still i ping ip the 66.220.2.74 successfully through my machine

cholzhauer

Quote from: qamarali on October 24, 2011, 10:02:04 AM
i don't know about ISP blocking the ip or not but still i ping ip the 66.220.2.74 successfully through my machine

That isn't the issue...the issue is that HE needs to be able to ping you

qamarali

qamarali

k1mu

Quote from: qamarali on October 24, 2011, 10:27:47 AM
how would i know..that he is pinging me???

You'll need to explain what you're asking and answer questions without more questions if you need help.

For the IPv4 address that you mention, 139.190.31.105, I can ping it from the Internet. Are you still having troubles when you try to configure that as your tunnel endpoint?

What kind of router are you using between the Internet and your Windows system that you're trying to use with the tunnel? We need to know what that is to help you configure that properly.

qamarali

jrocha

I can't ping that endpoint from here. Are you NAT'd behind the router? I would check the router first to ensure that it is allowing ICMP.

k1mu

Quote from: jrocha on October 27, 2011, 05:35:54 PM
I can't ping that endpoint from here. Are you NAT'd behind the router? I would check the router first to ensure that it is allowing ICMP.

I can't ping it either any more - probably turned off or off the net for some other reason.