• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

How to "turn on" IPv6 Tunnel

Started by rromero, March 26, 2012, 06:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rromero

Hi,

I just started my certification path today, Im very new at this so Im asking for your help.

I did register, got into Tunnelbroker, did the tunnel configuration and got stuck.

I read this post: http://www.tunnelbroker.net/forums/index.php?topic=1088.0 , where I think he had a similar problem, but then, almost at final, the post says "configure an IPv6 address at Control Panel just as IPv4", right, I got into the IPv6 properties and it is asking me, IP address, mask,  default gateway (IPv6 of course) and DNS primary and secondary.

Anyone knows where can I get that info from?

What Im missing here?

My last configuration (Im almost behind a NAT).

netsh interface teredo set state disabled
netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel IP6Tunnel 192.168.1.106 66.220.18.42
netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel 2001:470:c:377::2
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel 2001:470:c:377::1

Please advice.

Thank you very much

Regards,

cholzhauer

On your tunnel info page, there will be a line that says "routed 64". Pick any address from that range and use it as the address on your adapter

The mask is /64

The gateway address is the inside interface of your router.  If you're assigning the ipv6 address to your router, then the default gateway is the HE side of the tunnel

rromero

Thank you, I got:

2001:470:d:377::/64

Any suggestions? Like 2001:470:cccc:377::/64 ?

I have not configured router (provided by ISP), it is a DSL Huawei router, must I?

What about DNS?

Regards

rromero

Help!!

The default gateway (DSL router) has no support for IPv6!!!

Any suggestions?

Regards,

cholzhauer

Then you'll need to host your tunnel elsewhere, like a windows/linux/*nix machine behind your DSL router.

Thank you, I got:

2001:470:d:377::/64

Any suggestions? Like 2001:470:cccc:377::/64 ?

No, you can't do that.  All you can do is add numbers/letters after the 377:

rromero

Thanks, maybe I didnt explain well myself:

1. Im on a Laptop running Windows 7-64bit
2. Im behind a DSL connection, I have one 192.168.1.x address
3. I got into the TunnelBroker and generate tunnel according to instructions, when generating it showed me a public IP 184.x.x.x
4. Selected OS and have the commands
5. Input the commands, changing the source IP address 184.x.x.x to 192.168.1.x

At this point, I understood the Tunnel was created, but I verified and it has not.

6. I investigated and says somewhere the forum I have to manually change the IPv6 address (please give me a hint with above info, I realized I done it wrong).
7. But then, I need a "default gateway" and IPv6 DNS.

The questions are:

1. Is this a must?
2. How or what parameters must be entered? My laptop is the only IPv6 device I got.

Please help, I can not start certification without the tunnel.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

cholzhauer

You shouldn't need to give your Local Area Connection an IPv6 address to test if the tunnel is up.

All you'll need to to is what you've already done.  However, if your DSL router does not pass protocol 41, your tunnel will not work.