• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Finally, Sage test....but, not working

Started by rromero, April 11, 2012, 10:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rromero

Hi,

I did it to Guru level and started Sage.

I think Im doing all right, however still the message "The authoritative namservers for your domain are out-of-bailiwick(glueless). Please email at ipv6@he.net for further verification", I did email to ipv6@he.net and received some wonderful and excellent support.

Or Im getting desperate or I have to wait from 1hour to 48 hours for the changes to take effect.

My domain is at godaddy.com, I did research all over the godaddy.com, the SixXS page, a lot of links and site supporting "IPv6 Glue" and so, finally I decided to continue with godaddy.com (I already pay for the DNS, lets take advantage of that).

I dont want to wait 48 hours just to find out "I missed some configuration" and wait another 48 hours, just want to be sure what Im doing is correct.

I found broquea's post about Sage, Godaddy and some screenshots, but images are not showing (http://www.tunnelbroker.net/forums/index.php?topic=157.0). I did this:

Went to "Host Summary" and add two NS: ns1.ramon-romero.com and ns2.ramon-romero.com with 2 IPv6 addresses per NS: 2001:470:d:382::1, ::2, ::3 and ::4. Then I went to Edit Zone into DNS Manager and in NameServer I entered @ as host and "Points to" ns1.ramon-romero.com and ns2.ramon-romero.com. Of course AAAA is configured 2001:470:d:382::2.

What Im doing wrong?

Thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,

Ramon Romero

cholzhauer

I don't see any DNS records for the name servers you listed

[carl@mars ~]$ host ns1.ramon-romero.com
Host ns1.ramon-romero.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
[carl@mars ~]$ host ns2.ramon-romero.com
Host ns2.ramon-romero.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

rromero

QuoteI don't see any DNS records for the name servers you listed

Thats my point, I did all but DNS is not existing.

Regards

cholzhauer

This seems like a godaddy problem to me...There really isn't much we can do if they're not announcing your DNS records

Are any other of your DNS entries workign?

rromero

QuoteAre any other of your DNS entries workign?

Could you be more specific? The MX, mail and so? They are working fine.

As I said, I did last changes 14 hours ago, I want to be sure what Im doing is ok; godaddy says the DNS/NS can take 24 to 48 hours.

So if all you guys think the config looks "ok", I will then wait up to the 48 hours to NS propagate through the Internet. Im just anxious to finish the test!!

Best Regards

snarked

You are aware that when one updates DNS records for a domain, it has to be done in TWO places:
1)  The domain registration, and
2)  The domain's zone file.
Aren't you?

Did you do both?

rromero

If you mean "Host Summary" and DNS "Edit zone", yes I did both.

rromero

Did it finally!!!

I want to thank you all for your patience and help!!!!!

Best Regards,

Ramon Romero