• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

New tunnel irc access

Started by Kizaki, June 07, 2012, 04:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizaki

Hi

I would like to create a new tunnel in Kansas city which is closer to my server.  The Chicago tunnel I have now I created in December 2008, and from what I understand is grandfathered from the IRC restriction.   Is the IRC restriction based on the age of the account or tunnel?  

My domain registrar and server is hosted with 1and1.  I cannot complete the certification test to "Sage" as 1and1 does not support IPv6 glue records.

Thanks

cholzhauer

I would like to create a new tunnel in Kansas city which is closer to my server.  The Chicago tunnel I have now I created in December 2008, and from what I understand is grandfathered from the IRC restriction.   Is the IRC restriction based on the age of the account or tunnel? 

On the tunnel.

Kizaki

I managed to get to Sage level.  Is there anything I need to do to the new tunnel to get full access with no IRC block?

jtcloe

On the tunnel page, click the tunnel, then go to the advanced tab, you'll see an "unblock" link.

Once you've selected it, the option disappears, so if its not there, you're already good to go.

Kizaki

It was there.  I clicked "unblock" and it disappeared.

Thanks

kasperd

I noticed this thread last night, and wanted to get back to give some advice in the morning. And now I find that you have already passed the certification.

Kizaki

I wasn't expecting it to let me pass the DNS glue record test as 1and1 does not support IPv6 glue records.  I clicked the button on the test and it passed anyways.  I am using HE's DNS servers as my slave. That is probably why it worked.

Thanks