• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

CANT RECEIVE EMAIL FROM INTERNET BUT CAN SEND - SERVER SIDE IS OK (checked)

Started by miklasz, June 14, 2012, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miklasz

hello, I am struggling with this problem for over 2 weeks now... (administrator LVL)....  I dont know what is going on.....

i have domain: miklasz.co.uk   I am able to send emails from server out to Internet..... but when I reply for example from gmail.com they just gone on the way.... no msg: email undelivered.... etc.

but if i login by telnet to port 25 to my (mx) mail.miklasz.co.uk -  msg is delivered to inbox on the server....

I use ipv6 tunnel, is it possible that my internet provider can still block port 25 even if i use ipv6 over ipv4 tunnel ?

my topology:
tunnel broker: 2001:470:1f08:156::1 <-> cisco 2620mx 2001:470:1f08:156::2 <-> Cisco network port: 2001:470:1f09:156::1 <-> server 2001:470:1f09:156::10 (miklasz.co.uk, mail.miklasz.co.uk)

ping to miklasz.co.uk works fine with no problem.....
also i use cisco 2620mx router.....

please advise.......

any idea ?

miklasz

little update, ive checked with my provider they dont block port 25 :/

jtcloe

Google doesn't currently send out email over ipv6, and your only MX record points to a name that only has an AAAA record, not an A record.

Last time I checked, none of the big3 did (google, yahoo, hotmail/msn).

Your ipv6 is from HE, so it would be doubtful your isp would be blocking smtp on tunnelled traffic.

I can hit port 25 on your mail server from another HE IP:
220 WIN-327SUH9SP8Q.miklasz.co.uk Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:36:59 +0100

I've never used any, but there are several autoresponders out there that are dual stacked or ipv6 only, here's one I found from a quick google query:

http://www.v6address.com/node/14

It says it will respond to anything you send it with the headers of the email you sent, so should be good for troubleshooting/verifying your setup.

miklasz

this was very helpful !!! :) many thanks

didnt know about google sends v4 only :o

right !!! :) Mission Success....

just for future reference.... DONT FORGET TO CHANGE NS DELEGATION FOR RDNS

due to my registrar i had to use different free dns managmet to manage my domain with PTR, unfortunatly Heart Internet dont support it.... so ive used... zerigo.com
and when i did that - ive forgot to change NS in http://www.tunnelbroker.net control panel.

Thx for reply!!!