• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Tunnelbroker on EC2 SLES 11.2

Started by ndmckinney, January 21, 2013, 10:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndmckinney

Ok, so I'm about to lose my mind trying to get my tunnel up and going on an Amazon EC2 system running Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.  Following the guides posted elsewhere on here, I have been able to setup the 'sit1' interface and can ping the HE end of the network.

However, when I try to ping anything beyond the HE end, I do not get any response.  I'm thinking this is a firewall issue, but I don't know enough about the SuSEFirewall system, so I'm at a loss.  Does anyone else have experience setting this up?

Cheers,
Nick

cholzhauer

What happens if you just turn the firewall off for testing?

ndmckinney

Same issue.  Running tcpdump shows packets going out, but nothing coming back. 

Quoteserver:/etc/sysconfig # tcpdump -v -n -i eth0 proto 41
tcpdump: listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
20:06:12.244368 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 255, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto IPv6 (41), length 124) 10.xx.xx.xx > 216.66.22.2: IP6 (hlim 64, next-header ICMPv6 (58) payload length: 64) 2001:xxx:y:zzz::2 > 2607:f8b0:400c:c01::6a: ICMP6, echo request, length 64, seq 88

cholzhauer

If you're sure your side is correct (and it sounds like it is) you may want to email ipv6@he.net and see if they'll check the routing on your tunnel.

(I assume you're not using an address from your /48)

ndmckinney

Looks like was a distant end problem.  I created a new tunnel using a different tunnel server, changed the settings on my system, and connected without issue.  I'll let HE know about the problem.

Thanks for the help!