• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

if not genre continually traffic through the tunnel it falls

Started by prietus, April 18, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prietus

english is not my native language so sorry.

using linux-route2 commands the tunnel is ok. but if no traffic during a while the tunnel falls (i mean i cant ping the endpoint of the tunnel, no ipv6 connectivity at all). tested under debian testing and centos 6.4. default kernels. nothing changed in the configuration or the ip commands to generate the tunnel. no iptables/ip6tables, no fw/quos enabled in the adsl router, not routing through the tunnel, no custom sysctl parameters. may be my router?

thanks in advance.

kcochran

Since tunnels are stateless, there's no up/down/etc.  On this side it's configured to move traffic regardless of how recently you last did.  If you're got a device performing NAT or a stateful firewall that's handling the tunnel traffic in any way, you'll either need to keep some sort of outbound traffic keep-alive (periodic ping), or insert a specific rule to permit the tunnel traffic, otherwise the outbound state will expire on your side, and inbound traffic won't have anything set to let it back inside.

prietus

thanks for the info. my router is doing nat. i think ill keep the tunnel alive rather than fight with the isp router.