• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Question about port unblocking for Sages

Started by RootWyrm, January 17, 2014, 12:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RootWyrm

Hooray, I'm a Sage!  ;D
(If you're waiting for afraid.org to get their IPv6 glue straightened out - don't. It's not likely to happen any time soon.)

Boo, ports I need opened are still blocked! ???
(Specifically, SMTP, Submission, IRC. My mail server is so clean my IPv4 is whitelisted already.)

Would I need to create an all new tunnel (and redo all my DNS and such) in order to get rid of the port filtering, or does it automatically remove the blocks on existing tunnels?

kasperd

Quote from: RootWyrm on January 17, 2014, 12:55:17 PMWould I need to create an all new tunnel (and redo all my DNS and such) in order to get rid of the port filtering, or does it automatically remove the blocks on existing tunnels?
Once you have reached Sage level, a button should appear on the tunnel configuration page. Click that button to remove the block.

That part only applies to IRC. To get SMTP access, you need to email ipv6@he.net and ask. See https://www.tunnelbroker.net/forums/index.php?topic=2782

RootWyrm

Quote from: kasperd on January 17, 2014, 01:10:12 PM
Quote from: RootWyrm on January 17, 2014, 12:55:17 PMWould I need to create an all new tunnel (and redo all my DNS and such) in order to get rid of the port filtering, or does it automatically remove the blocks on existing tunnels?
Once you have reached Sage level, a button should appear on the tunnel configuration page. Click that button to remove the block.

Ah-ha! Aggressively caching web browser getting in the way again. (You'd think I'd stop using it already.)

Going to be good to get back to trying to debug performance issues - latency spiking through the roof at any point above 5K/s.

kurahaupo

Quote from: kasperd on January 17, 2014, 01:10:12 PM
Once you have reached Sage level, a button should appear on the tunnel configuration page. Click that button to remove the [IRC] block.

Okay, I now have SAGE certification, but I still can't see any unlock button at https://www.tunnelbroker.net/tunnel_detail.php?tid=my_tunnel_id

Has the button been removed, or do I need to look somewhere else?

zbnet

Also have problems reaching a human or anyone at ipv6@he.net or through their sales department. Looking to unblock incoming mail and any/all port restrictions on a new'ish tunnel, and I'm sage, as well.

Admin, PM me if possible.

Thanks!