• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

tunnelborker block ipv6's 25 port then how to finish ipv6 cert

Started by ayaka, February 26, 2014, 06:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayaka

In the he.net ipv6  certifications, you need to setup a mail system support ipv6.
But the port 25 is blocked in tunnelbroker whether output and input.
Could anyone told me a way to complete that test?

kasperd

The IP address of the testing server is exempt from the block, so you can finish the test just fine. You just cannot make use of the forum to get help, because nobody will be able to connect in order to figure out what might have gone wrong. But if you can manage to configure a mail server on your own, you should be able to make it through.

If you install a Teredo relay on your router (which is a good idea anyway), then any communication where a Teredo address is being used in the other end of the connection will not be blocked, so that could help with debugging in certain cases.

ayaka

It told me that connect refused.
I think I have opened the port and the dns is correct, I have tested ipv4 it works.
I will test teredo, but in here, teredo server which are opened are very unstable.

kcochran

I get a connection refused as well, and not because of any filtering.

Are you sure your SMTP server is configured for your IPv6 address and that it's picked up that configuration?  I ask, since it's actually one of the most common things people forget to do: they reconfiguration, and don't restart the service.

kasperd

Quote from: ayaka on February 27, 2014, 06:55:42 AMI will test teredo, but in here, teredo server which are opened are very unstable.
Then you completely missed my point. I'm not suggesting that you use Teredo. Using Teredo does give a very unreliable service, but that is usually not due to the Teredo server. Rather it is due to the lack of relays.

By installing a Teredo relay on your router, you will make your network reachable to peers communicating over Teredo much more reliably, than it would be with the default Teredo relays. Bypassing the filters put in place by HE for communication between your network and Teredo users is an unavoidable side effect of that.

You don't need to install any Teredo server or Teredo client on your network. So far I have only found a Teredo client to be useful on my laptop, which connect through many networks where other protocols won't work. The Teredo client on my laptop is only useful as long as I have a Teredo relay on my network at home and on other networks that I need to connect to from my laptop.

tombii

Same for me, couldn't finish the certificate because he.net was blocking port 25. Luckily I had a VPS with native IPv6 so I installed a mail server on it and pointed the MX record there.

ayaka

Quote from: kcochran on February 27, 2014, 07:03:15 AM
I get a connection refused as well, and not because of any filtering.

Are you sure your SMTP server is configured for your IPv6 address and that it's picked up that configuration?  I ask, since it's actually one of the most common things people forget to do: they reconfiguration, and don't restart the service.
I have tested it in lan side using the routed ipv6, the I have tested the other port which outside of route, the firewall shall worked.