• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Routing a network to an host

Started by lucabert, July 08, 2015, 07:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucabert

Hi all!

Since a couple of year I used an IPv6-Tunnel over a vServer of mine (connected with native IPv6 from the Provider).
Since last friday, Deutsche Telekom give me native IPv6, but dynamic (!!), so that I get a new /64 network every time I restart my DSL...

Well, I'd like to use my /64-Network I have on my vServer, so that I can have a static IPv6 (why the evil Telekom assign DYNAMIC IPv6-Network?!?) but routing it over the dynamic IPv6.
Unfortunately, I can't get it working... :(

I thought I can just change the end-point, but it does not work...

Current situation (with IPv6-Tunnel):
- transition network aaaa:bbbb:cccc:1000::/64 on my vServer and my PC at home
- aaaa:bbbb:cccc:2000::/64 on my vServer an my PC at home. The vServer routes to network over aaaa:bbbb:cccc:1000::2, which is the IPv6 of my tunnel at home
- xxxx:yy:zzz:kkkk:4d7a:1ed0:2105:1bc0 on my ppp0-interface at home

I tried to change the route for aaaa:bbbb:cccc:2000::/64 using the new IPv6, but I get "RTNETLINK answers: No route to host".
The command is: "ip -6 route add aaaa:bbbb:cccc:2000::/64 via xxxx:yy:zzz:kkkk:4d7a:1ed0:2105:1bc0 dev eth0 metric 1", which is almost the same of the one I use for my tunnel (ip -6 route add aaaa:bbbb:cccc:2000::/64 via aaaa:bbbb:cccc:1000::2 dev ipv6tun-1 metric 1).

I think, I can't use the interface ipv6tun-1 with the new IPv6, so I can't understand how I can route my network over the "dynamic IPv6" of Deutsche Telekom...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello