• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

VOIP : setting ipv6 address for SIP

Started by 06878, September 27, 2016, 04:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have an asterisk server on an ipv4 ISP.  I've gotten an HE tunnel. My phone on TMO has an ipv6 address.

On the phone's SIP client I've entered the tunnel's Server IPv6 Address . I'm expecting that the tunnel will send the SIP packets to the client's ipv4 address to the SIP port. This doesn't work.

At the ipv4 client, I have a linux router sending SIP packets (port 5060 ) to the asterisk server. Do I need to do some magic at the router ? At the asterisk server ? 

sean

broquea

IPv4 doesn't talk to IPv6, different stacks.
Is that tunnel configured on the Asterisk server?
If yes, is Asterisk listening on IPv6?

snarked

Also, setting the address for SIP in asterisk only sets the INBOUND address.  It does not set the outbound address (at least in versions 1.10 and earlier - I don't know if they've fixed this since because I can't get newer versions to compile error-free on my server).

sttun

Quote from: snarked on September 27, 2016, 11:00:40 PM
Also, setting the address for SIP in asterisk only sets the INBOUND address.  It does not set the outbound address (at least in versions 1.10 and earlier - I don't know if they've fixed this since because I can't get newer versions to compile error-free on my server).
Hmm you realy need to check other sotware on that server, I was unable to find an eol date for that release the nearest I could find was asterisk 11.x which is currently in securety fix only status, I have no idea what distro you are running, but I have a suspicion it might not be the most up to date, plese correct me if I'm wrong

Asterisk releases

snarked

Yes, you're wrong.  Although I compile mainly from source, the base of my system is a Slackware 14.0 distribution. However, that doesn't invalidate what I said about address selection.