In any case, I'll try targetting that address tomorrow. (I've already done my points for today. :-) )
Well, I tried it, and I removed the duplicate address I was suggesting, and it worked. The other major differences were:
- my addresses were in lower case
- I had one more hop before reaching ve422.core1.nyc4.he.net
- My traceroute doesn't assume the target's address gets the target's name, so the last line was:
9 juniper.webway.se (2a02:920:212e:1::213) 131.990 ms 132.554 ms 126.184 ms
Frankly, I would not have thought any of these would cause problems, but it gives me more things to test.
Edit: correct list formatting
Edit: Upper case didn't make it fail. Nor did lack of hostnames.
Edit: It appears that the line before the first trace line is important. It appears that it having a hostname they can resolve is not.