• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

just how to delegate my domain name to the nameserver?

Started by Unfunks, June 20, 2017, 04:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unfunks

newbie at this, but how do i delegate my domain name with nameserver?
like: unafunk.com.ns2.he.net
or: just leave domain name in the top line and just have the ns1.he.net in the line under?

Thank you for anwers..:)

this is what i get when ive done :ERROR delegation was not found, pleas delegate to ns1,ns2,ns3,ns4,ns5 and retry.

where am i going wrong?  ::)

Unfunks

Quote from: Unfunks on June 20, 2017, 04:49:17 AM
like: unafunk.com.ns2.he.net
or: just leave domain name in the top line and just have the ns1.he.net in the line under?

Thank you for anwers..:)

this is what i get when ive done :ERROR delegation was not found, pleas delegate to ns1,ns2,ns3,ns4,ns5 and retry.

where am i going wrong?  ::)

divad27182

Quote from: Unfunks on June 20, 2017, 04:49:17 AM

Delegation is part of domain name registration.  Having registered "unafunk.com" at some registrar, you go back to the regiistrars website and tell them that you want to specify the name servers.  (Many registrars expect to host your DNS too, so this can be tough, or out of the way.)  Then you specify ns1.he.net through ns5.he.net as your nameservers.  Then you may have to wait up to two days for things to propagate (or maybe not).  Then you should be able to get HE.NET's dns support working for you.

--David

Unfunks

Thanx for reply..:)
so i should just simply push the update button and not alter the ns1 through ns5.he.net in any way there?
unafunk.com in the name area and just ns1.he.net in the nameserver area?

thank you for reply..:)

divad27182

Quote from: Unfunks on June 21, 2017, 03:05:32 AM
so i should just simply push the update button and not alter the ns1 through ns5.he.net in any way there?
unafunk.com in the name area and just ns1.he.net in the nameserver area?

OK. First off, "unafunk.com" is not a registered domain.  If you are actually trying to use that, you should register and pay the fees first.  I currently use godaddy.com, but there are hundreds of registrars available.

If you were using unafunk as an example, you should write "example.com".

Second, I'm afraid you've lost me.  Sorry.

--David