• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Google Search fails with my IPV6 prefix

Started by banjonz, November 25, 2021, 12:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banjonz

I am using an HE tunnel and have had the same IPV6 prefix for a number of years. Three weeks ago Google Search started failing for all the boxes on my LAN, all browsers, with:

403. That's an error.
Your client does not have permission to get URL /search?client=firefox-b-d&q=google+search+fails from this server. That's all we know.

With IPV6 disabled there is no issue.

I guess that for some reason my prefix has been black listed by Google, although I have no idea what might have caused it. Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so what was the resolution?

Thank you

snarked

Google has locked out your IPv6 address for perceived abuse.  I've had that happen also.  It thinks your queries are automated, even if/when they're not.

banjonz

Yes - I thought that was probably the case.I've been unable to find any way of contacting google about the issue, so for now I have disabled IPv6 on this machine.

I suppose another option is to remove the IPv6 tunnel, request another and hope for a different prefix. Bit of a pain to renumber my LAN and fix DNS but it is doable.

jimzhong

This also happened to me today. I created a new tunnel, but still got blocked by Google search. My workaround is to configure my router to reject all ipv6 http(s) traffic to Google's IPv6 blocks.