• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

End of an era

Started by SID6581, January 26, 2022, 04:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SID6581

I just deleted my last tunnel after over 10 years of use.

It's a bit unreal that all my ISP's have enabled native v6 in the last couple of months and it's working perfectly.

I am very thankful to HE for providing this wonderful service for years and being able to learn about v6.

cholzhauer

Can you convince my ISP to do the same?  Or better yet, get another ISP to move into the area so I can move?  ;D

passport123

Quote from: SID6581 on January 26, 2022, 04:47:46 AM...
I am very thankful to HE for providing this wonderful service for years and being able to learn about v6.

I haven't had to use a IPv6 tunnel for a few years, but I do agree with your comment.

Many thanks to HE for providing the tunnel capability, and also for providing a means for me to learn about IPv6.

cshilton

Can you tell me what ISPs you use? If you are in the US, I'd love to talk them up as being IPv6 aware in the United States.

passport123

My ISP is Comcast.

Comcast provides a /128 IPv6 address, plus a prefix delegation IPv6 address block (default: /64, up to /60 allowable) for subnets.

jimzhong

How stable is the IPv6 address from comcast? I am on comcast but I still use tunnel broker due to its static prefixes.

passport123

Not sure what you mean by "stable."

Reliable?  Yes. I've been using Comcast IPv6 since it started (2015 or 2016?) and it has always worked as expected.

IP address retention?  On Comcast, my experience is that the IP addresses seem to change only when/if I change the MAC address of the router connected to the cable modem.  I've only had my IP addresses change one time without me changing the MAC address and that occurred once when there seemed to be some sort of problem at Comcast's front end.