• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Reverse DNS delegation. Sudgestions needed.

Started by LucaZ, March 27, 2023, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucaZ

I opened a profile on Hurrican Electric, so I requested tunnel 6rd for a /64. I configured the tunnel on the router and obtained correct navigation from the assigned subnet. I am the owner (master dns) of a domain which I requested and obtained from ns1.he.net. to slave me nameserver.

Now I need to define the IPv6 PTRs of the devices defined in my domain.
I know that HE delegated to me the use of a /64, so I'm able to assign AAAA records on my domain within the range of competence. To define PTRs I need to delegate /64 under the control of my reverse nameserver, but to do that I need some advice to unblock me.

I have tried to summarize the information I have deemed necessary, but if you feel I need to add any, I will be happy to do my best to respond.

I trust in help.

LucaZ

Once defined the scenario, let me try to ask some specific questions:

From the DNS portal (https://dns.he.net/) on the left, in the Zone Function, I choose <Add a new reverse> and give into the form the /64 HE assigned to me: 2001:470:xxxx:yyyy::/64

An error occurs: "This space must first be delegated within the proper interface"

What it means? Consider that delegating the reverse domain is exactly what I'm trying to do.

kcochran

Under your tunnel's information page, you can set the rDNS servers.  There's a convenience link to set it to dns.he.net.  For tunnel broker ranges assigned to dns.he.net, they will show up automatically under dns.he.net when logging in with the same tunnelbroker username.

LucaZ

Quote from: kcochran on March 28, 2023, 12:25:36 PMUnder your tunnel's information page, you can set the rDNS servers.  There's a convenience link to set it to dns.he.net.  For tunnel broker ranges assigned to dns.he.net, they will show up automatically under dns.he.net when logging in with the same tunnelbroker username.
Exactly what I was waiting for. Thanks you very mutch.
An NS record is now pointing to my primary name server from arpa.ip6 domain.

Wonderful!

banjo67xxx

Quote from: kcochran on March 28, 2023, 12:25:36 PMUnder your tunnel's information page, you can set the rDNS servers.  There's a convenience link to set it to dns.he.net.  For tunnel broker ranges assigned to dns.he.net, they will show up automatically under dns.he.net when logging in with the same tunnelbroker username.

I just tried this. My DNS and Tunnelbroker usernames are the same, but the rDNS is just not showing up at dns.he.net