• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

ping to 2600:: not working, neither some apps using cloudfront.net

Started by zervaninfo, June 09, 2024, 01:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zervaninfo

Hello, I am using short IPv6 address 2600:: for testing connection. It was working for years, but some time ago it is not reachable from HE tunnel anymore. Is there a way to fix it?

sttun

It seam the issue is with arin, they are the ones that annpunce the /48 that includes 2600::

zervaninfo

It seems that there are more troubles with connectivity, some Android apps are not working through HE Tunnel Broker.

For example, some times ago, my Strava and AliExpress apps stopped to worked correctly. Here are details:

I have set IPv6 address to 100:: to those names on my local DNS (MikroTik router) and now both apps are working correctly:
  • .*\.aliexpress-media\.com
  • cdn.*\.strava\.com

But there are 70+ more CNAMEs to cloudfront.net in my DNS cache - it means, many apps are not working or working very slowly (after app realizes that IPv6 is not working and uses IPv4).

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to completely change *.cloudfront.net in MikroTik (.*\.cloudfront\.net is not working, because it is checking only original name, not CNAME, I will consult it with MikroTik).

However, this is not solution, it is just quick hack. Why is cloudfront.net not working through HE tunnel? Who is responsible? Who could fix that?