• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

PPTP for OSX IPv4 works fine, but no IPv6

Started by kkress, June 22, 2010, 05:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkress

I'm trying out one of the PPTP tunnels for an OS X laptop.  I'm able to setup the PPTP tunnel just fine and can pass IPv4 traffic through it without a problem.  The issue is when I enable the endpoint for IPv6 and setup the IPv6 tunnel (using the NetBSD/OSX script) I'm not able to to establish a tunnel at all.

I've tried this from 2 different locations (both behind NAT) and haven't been able to establish an IPv6 tunnel.   Has anyone gotten this working?  I'm assuming there are some steps above and beyond the normal IPv6 script for OSX that I'll need to do to get this working.

Thanks!

sota767

I'm in the same boat. VPN/PPTP tunnel sets up fine. I have VPN as Tunnel endpoint checked in tunnel details. I entered all steps in the NetBSD/MacOSX script to configure gif0 and route, but no IPv6 gets out. I can ping6 the local IPv6 address of gif0, and I can ping both local/server IPv4 addresses through the tunnel. Just can't get IPv6 out.

sttun

I got it to work OSX 10.6.4
The only thing I did in addition to the instructions was to unhook the "sand all traffic over vpn connection" under advanced on the he vpn connection

kkress

I've tried with and without sending all IPv4 traffic over the tunnel.  I've tried this from 2 different NATs, one at home one at work.  With both I'm able to establish the IPV4 tunnel and use the public IPv4 address for ssh.

When the IPv6 tunnel goes up the ::1 end of the tunnel is unpingable.

Would you mind [asting the commands you use to setup your IPv6 tunnel?  Does it differ at all from the "NetBSD/MacOS X" instructions?

Did you have to mess with your routing table at all?

distal

I am also having this problem.  If someone could help fill in the gaps, I'd really appriciate it.  What does the gif0 interface look like after you have things working?  What commands did you use to configure it?  (Assuming you configured it in Terminal)

Thanks...