• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Windows 7 x64 duplicate name exists on the network

Started by 7nightwing7, July 30, 2010, 12:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7nightwing7

Ok, im so lost. Pretty new to this but i had the tunnel up and running in the beginning. Until, i accidently deleted the tunnel in the cmd. Now i cant get it back up. Whenever i execute the netsh commands it gives me a duplicate name error. Made a screenshot of my route and interface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :(

Night

open cmd as admin and type following

netsh interface ipv6 delete interface IP6Tunnel3
netsh reset

reboot and add again :)

7nightwing7

Quote from: Night on July 30, 2010, 12:21:50 AM
open cmd as admin and type following

netsh interface ipv6 delete interface IP6Tunnel3
netsh reset

reboot and add again :)

Thanks for your reply, i deleted the tunnel, and used the reset command. No errors during readding the commands, however i still cant connect to ipv6 sites. Keeps saying im still using the IPv4. Made a screenshot:

Night

Try
ipv6.google.com

have your endpoint IP changed  from the one listed on tunnelbroker.com?

7nightwing7

Quote from: Night on July 30, 2010, 12:41:27 AM
Try
ipv6.google.com

have your endpoint IP changed  from the one listed on tunnelbroker.com?

Cant reach ipv6.google.com. My endpoint IP is still the same, with the one i entered on tunnbelbroker.com Im so confused. This used to work flawlessly.  ???

cholzhauer

Have you assigned an ipv6 address to your local area interface?

7nightwing7

Quote from: cholzhauer on July 30, 2010, 09:29:37 AM
Have you assigned an ipv6 address to your local area interface?

What do u mean ? I just followed the netsh commands that are needed to activate my tunnel. I replaces my public ip with my private ip. Did i forgot something ?

Thanks for your help  :)

cholzhauer

I don't know what commands HE gives you on that page, as I don't use windows for my endpoint, but with windows, your LAN connection needs to have an ipv6 address if you want to access the ipv6 Internet; having that ::2 address on your tunnel interface is not enough.  So, take an address out of your routed /64, put it on your LAN connection (same way you would a ipv4 static address) and you should be ok

7nightwing7

Quote from: cholzhauer on July 31, 2010, 09:46:35 AM
I don't know what commands HE gives you on that page, as I don't use windows for my endpoint, but with windows, your LAN connection needs to have an ipv6 address if you want to access the ipv6 Internet; having that ::2 address on your tunnel interface is not enough.  So, take an address out of your routed /64, put it on your LAN connection (same way you would a ipv4 static address) and you should be ok

These are the commands i used:

netsh interface teredo set state disabled
netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel IP6Tunnel 84.25.211.35 216.66.84.46
netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f14:a00::2
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f14:a00::1

Since im behind a router, i changed the ip in the first line, with my private ip that my router gives me. Still, i cant connect, nor ping Ipv6 websites.

Thank you for your help.

7nightwing7

Solved !

It turns out that the solution was very simple. Since i copied the netsh commands to my computer i kept using them. However i deleted my tunnel, and then created a new one. Seems that the last rule of the netsh command changed one simple figure. I did not notice that at all for the past 4 days, because i kept using the settings of my old tunnel. How stupid is that ?  :D After i deleted the ipv6 tunnel and did a reset, i started over and used the new tunnel commands. Presto ! Up and running.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.  :)