• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Suggestion - Real name in certs list

Started by bberto, July 22, 2010, 08:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bberto

Hi all!
I discovered HE few days ago and I've really enjoyed your free certification program!

Just a suggestion: why don't make available personal info like real name and country in certified list on home page and in user certification scorecard? This could give a more professional aspect to your certification program!
A checkbox in user profile to accept personal info disclosure could solve any privacy issue.

snarked

On the home page:  NO!

If one chooses to expose that information in a "certificate" image, that's each person's choice.

grobe0ba

Quote from: snarked on July 22, 2010, 01:04:00 PM
On the home page:  NO!

If one chooses to expose that information in a "certificate" image, that's each person's choice.

snarked, he said that. Add an option in the user's profile, turned off by default. It's a feature I personally would appreciate.

snarked

Note that my position isn't the same.  I suggest the option ONLY for the certificate and NOT for the home page.

grobe0ba

Quote from: snarked on July 22, 2010, 10:45:04 PM
Note that my position isn't the same.  I suggest the option ONLY for the certificate and NOT for the home page.

Ah, my appologies. I misread that. I should tell my server to cut my internet access off at midnight. :D

hisken

I'm in for it too, but not on the home page.

I'd like to have my real name in the printable certificate (so I could just stick it to the wall and show off  :P )

maestroevolution

Quote from: grobe0ba on July 22, 2010, 10:51:01 PM
Quote from: snarked on July 22, 2010, 10:45:04 PM

Ah, my appologies. I misread that. I should tell my server to cut my internet access off at midnight. :D

Or a breathalyzer for minimum caffeine intake :D

LuckyMan

The option, where you could toggle your nickname/realname would be very nice
Users could show off their knowledge / he.net could get more advertising itself.

broquea

We're working on getting real names into the printable certs. Need to make sure the dynamic sizing for some of your names looks correct, and other stuff. We'll let you know when done.

tykimus

Thanks for your suggestion.
The feature is now added and you should be able to print your real name on the certificate.
There are two available options to choose from:
- use username
- use real name

If you see any problems, please contact us at ipv6@he.net

bombcar

Cool!

Perhaps you could modify the certificate a bit to make it obvious that "Sage" is the highest?  ;D

I may work on getting it translated into Latin to make it even more impressive.

LuckyMan

phanquochien