• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

New widgets?

Started by tsarna, November 30, 2010, 08:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsarna

Looks like we'll need RIR depletion widgets soon. The current widgets won't be relevant too much longer!

allen4names

Better to use the old ones until the new ones are fixed.

tsarna

I'm not sure I understand your response

allen4names

The iGoogle Gadget and the Webpage Widget are broken. (See http://ipv6.he.net/statistics/)

kcochran

I'm not seeing this here, and that's testing from multiple computers, OSs and browsers.  What OS/browser/etc. are you using?  Also, your browser cache might be acting a little overly aggressive in hanging onto something, so try flushing it and seeing how it is from that point.

tsarna

The widgets I use have been working -- it's just that they'll be irrelevant soon. Really, they already are -- as Greg Huston (whose prediction the widgets are based on) has pointed out, the numbers get less accurate the closer we get. APNIC can allocate any time they want now.

kcochran

The new web widgets have stats on /24s per RIR which aren't allocated to any organization on a second page.  The other widgets are also going to be updated with this new information display.

allen4names

Working now using Firefox on Windows. The iGoogle gadget when I am using Firefox on Ubuntu 10.04 on the other hand still seems to be broken. I will check again later tonight.

EDIT

I got a screen shot using Firefox 3.6.13 running on Ubuntu 10.04 but I don't know how to upload it and my public IPv4 address is now dynamic. May I send it by e-mail?

EDIT

I found the help page and had to crop the image. Hopefully this attachment will help.

EDIT

It is working correctly using Firefox/Ubuntu now.

barney1476

Is there a trick to updating the Google Desktop Gadget?

I deleted, downloaded, and re-installed...but I only see the IANA info and not the RIRs.

jeffw

Quote from: barney1476 on February 22, 2011, 01:39:02 PM
Is there a trick to updating the Google Desktop Gadget?

I deleted, downloaded, and re-installed...but I only see the IANA info and not the RIRs.

Correct.  Due to a lack of user interest (0.1%), the Google Desktop Gadget was not updated.
Jeff Walter

maalpers

Hi!

I'll use the Windows Vista / 7 Gadget but it shows only the IANA Status. Where can i get the RIR status in the gadget?

rjmeredeth

Quote from: maalpers on March 19, 2011, 05:12:07 AM
Hi!

I'll use the Windows Vista / 7 Gadget but it shows only the IANA Status. Where can i get the RIR status in the gadget?

I'm having the same problem,  can anyone tell me how to swap the IANA status for the RIR in the Windows 7 desktop gadget?

Thanks!

jamesaxel83

I don't think you can do that and since not very many people use the gadget, I doubt it will be updated