• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IPv6 Web Hosting

Started by jimb, December 12, 2010, 08:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimb

So,

Kind of a weird topic to bring up on a forum run by an IPv6 web hosting provider, buuuut...

Anyone have experience with IPv6 capable dual-stack web hosting providers?  I'm looking to put up a relatively small user count PHPBB somewhere, and have found that most of the hosting providers on the review sites don't seem to have IPv6.

Obviously, HE is a contender here, but I'd like to hear others' opinions/recommendations. 

One thing I note about HE is that they're not the cheapest, and don't offer a lot of disk storage compared to others of similar price (some have "unlimited" disk space and bandwidth).  But of course most of these don't offer IPv6 connectivity.

jimb

Bah.  Nothing?  Eh.  I'm giving HE a try.

mcgurrin

Quote from: jimb on December 13, 2010, 08:02:01 PM
Bah.  Nothing?  Eh.  I'm giving HE a try.

What kind of forum size are we talking about and how much customization?  I am getting ready to host a few small websites for clients on a VPS that has native IPv4 and a tunnelbroker.net IPv6 Tunnel and I could probably host a forum cheaply on it as well though you would not have file level access, I would set up the files for you for security of the server and other clients.  I can also set up email, DNS, and maybe SSL (though SSL would only be on IPv6 unless you wanted to pay for a dedicated IP).  Do you have a domain?