• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

ipv6 glue he.net dns service

Started by jimmyhuybrechts, January 03, 2011, 07:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyhuybrechts

Do the dns servers of HE have ipv6 glue? So I can use them for the Sage level if my domain is using their free dns service?

cholzhauer

broquea

While the use of our NS isn't a problem, it would really serve everyone better testing wise if they learned how to operate their own name servers. Kind of the point of the tests, configuring and running your own services. For glue I can understand that as the most difficult step to complete since the majority of registrars don't support it.

So yes, our NS have glue, and yes you can pass Sage by being out-of-bailiwick.

hisken

Quote from: broquea on January 03, 2011, 10:39:39 AM
While the use of our NS isn't a problem, it would really serve everyone better testing wise if they learned how to operate their own name servers. Kind of the point of the tests, configuring and running your own services. For glue I can understand that as the most difficult step to complete since the majority of registrars don't support it.

So yes, our NS have glue, and yes you can pass Sage by being out-of-bailiwick.
Unfortunately your DNS service is currently having some problems at the moment (see http://dns.he.net). I already got some complaints from people who couldn't send me an e-mail (DNS timeouts). So, @Jimmy: you'd better wait until the HE DNS outage is over or rather use your own nameservers ;)

jimmyhuybrechts

I am already using my own nameservers. But they are at a registrar who cannot give my nameservers ipv6 glue, for that reason I wanted to use the HE net ones.
I completed the rest of the certification with my own nameservers.  ;)

jimmyhuybrechts

And now I'm a sage using my own nameservers  ;D