• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Tunnel with blocked ping

Started by torero, January 29, 2011, 10:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torero

Hello all,

Sorry for my english...  :)

I have a connection which my ISP blocks ping (No chance to unlock it) you can configure a tunnel under these conditions.

Alo
TIA

jrocha

Sorry, unfortunately you will not be able to establish a tunnel if the endpoint cannot be reached via ping.

cholzhauer

you can check out sixxs or gogo6 for your tunnel...they dont have the icmp requirement.

hisken

Quote from: jrocha on January 29, 2011, 06:48:53 PM
Sorry, unfortunately you will not be able to establish a tunnel if the endpoint cannot be reached via ping.

May I ask you if you're a HE official on this forum? Your user icon seems to suggest that.

By the way, the topic starter seems to be Sage certified but doesn't have the ability to create a HE tunnel at his home ;D . Maybe he'd better find an ISP which allows your global IP4 to be pingable.

jrocha

Quote from: hisken on January 30, 2011, 08:44:01 AM
May I ask you if you're a HE official on this forum? Your user icon seems to suggest that.

Yep, I sure am.

jrocha

Quote from: hisken on January 30, 2011, 08:44:01 AM
By the way, the topic starter seems to be Sage certified but doesn't have the ability to create a HE tunnel at his home ;D . Maybe he'd better find an ISP which allows your global IP4 to be pingable.

The HE IPv6 certifications aren't HE-specific at all, so anyone with IPv6 knowledge and connectivity can get certified. You don't even need IPv6 connectivity from home to earn your Sage.

hisken

Quote from: jrocha on January 30, 2011, 06:54:36 PM
The HE IPv6 certifications aren't HE-specific at all, so anyone with IPv6 knowledge and connectivity can get certified. You don't even need IPv6 connectivity from home to earn your Sage.

Yes, I know. But for some reason I kind of find it self-evident that somebody who's interested in IPv6 certification also has at least an IPv6 connection at home (whether it is native or tunneled).  :)

jrocha

Quote from: hisken on January 31, 2011, 03:58:03 PM
Yes, I know. But for some reason I kind of find it self-evident that somebody who's interested in IPv6 certification also has at least an IPv6 connection at home (whether it is native or tunneled).  :)

True, but there are also other options for IPv6 at home, such as Sixxs or GoGo. We're just the best of the bunch, that's all. ;)

cholzhauer

We're just the best of the bunch, that's all.

I'd have to agree with that