• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

can't ping server

Started by pdu, February 15, 2011, 02:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdu

Hello,

I followed the instructions to setup a tunnel in Win7. But I can't ping the IPv6 address of the tunnel server and now the only IPv6 address I can ping is myself. What did I do wrong?

Thanks 

cholzhauer

could be any number of things..what commands did you use to create the tunnel?

pdu

I used the generated win7 config:

netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel interface=IP6Tunnel $ipv4b $ipv4a
netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel $ipv6b
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel $ipv6a

And as instructed, I replaced the public ipv4 address with my local address assigned by DHCP. Anyway I tried either way but no luck.

Thanks.

cholzhauer

i was hoping to see ip addresses to verify.

If youre sure you used the nat address to make the tunnel, you need to make sure that protocol 41 isnt being blocked somewhere along the line

pdu

Hi cholzhauer,

The config is

netsh interface teredo set state disabled
netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel IP6Tunnel 81.178.209.18 216.66.80.26
netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f08:12de::2
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f08:12de::1

And I replaced the public ipv4 81.178.209.18 with my local address 192.168.0.4. Everything worked about 2 weeks ago so I am a bit confused what is happening.

Thanks very much.

cholzhauer

Maybe your DHCP server assigned you a different IP address?

Did your outside IP address change?  I'm able to ping the 81.178.209.18...

pdu

I checked and they were correct.

One thing I noticed was that I couldn't even ping the IPv6 address of the tunnel server from one of my machines which has got a working IPv6 connection last night. But now I can ping the server. So probably something went wrong for the server and I shall have a go with my laptop (the machine I have trouble configuring) tonight.

Will you keep the thread updated.

pdu

cholzhauer

If everything is set correctly, you need to look at Protocol41.  Maybe your ISP decided to block it all of a sudden?

Have you tried connecting your machine directly to the Internet and setting up the tunnel that way?

timbaldwin

Did you configure the NAT to forward protocol 41? Without such configuration, Linux, for example, will only forward protocol 41 if outgoing packets proceed incoming packets.