• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Is Chicago down?

Started by jpps, July 31, 2008, 01:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpps

I dropped and existing tunnel out of Fremont and created one in Chicago.  Now I have no ipv6 connectivity.

I can from outside services ping the chi router, but not to my endpoint.
From internally, I can ping my endpoint, but not the chi router.

Any ideas?  I have everything configured properly and have even wiped my config and used the one provided by the site.

I am using a Cisco 871 router.  My related configs for this is:

interface Tunnel0
description Hurricane Electric IPv6 Tunnel Broker
no ip address
ipv6 address 2001:470:1f10:xx::x/64
ipv6 enable
ipv6 rip cisco enable
tunnel source xx.xxx.xx.x
tunnel destination 209.51.181.2
tunnel mode ipv6ip
!

After I can get this tunnel going, I will work on the rest.

Again, I had it working with a Fremont, CA router before.

broquea

Need to know your Global Tunnel ID, as I see 2 tunnels on Chicago under your account.

However looking at both tunnels, I cannot ping either IPv4 endpoint you've provided, nor your side of the IPv6 point-to-point on either tunnel.
The configuration looks good on our side, assuming both IPv4 endpoints are correct.

Actually if you would prefer not posting any of your information publicly, you can also email us directly at ipv6@he.net
Just be sure to include all of your un-sanitized configs and user information.

jpps

The IPv4 addresses on those tunnels should now be ping-able now.

I have changed the access-lists for the pings.  I don't know how they disappeared.  Both jpps2 and jpps3 are now pingable, but still no IPv6.

I am sending you the configs.

broquea

Yes, I can ping them now. however the configuration on the tunnel-server is the same as my testing tunnel, so it should be working.

Any difference in how your tunnel interface is configured from when it used Fremont, aside from the IPv4/IPv6 information? Or are these the exact same tunnel interfaces, just with new addresses swapped around. Any sort of ACL required to allow protocol 41 (like "access-list 101 permit 41 any infrastructure_ips")?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_white_paper09186a00801a1a55.shtml

jpps

You were given the configs.  I did add an acl for protocol 41 and everything else is the same except for the new IPs