• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Unable to connect to eu.irc6.net but freenet6 is okay

Started by cripperz, January 31, 2011, 07:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cripperz

Hi,

i was trying to connect to an irc server via HE tunnel but it does not seems to be able to connect. But on a seperate machine which is on Freenet6 tunnel, it is able to connect to the same irc server.

I was just wondering as well, does HE disable traceroute in general as i cant even get trace route results while on HE tunnel

I am using HE Singapore (Equinix) tunnel at the moment.

any advise appreciated.
Regards,
Haas
Cripperz Prodigy Freelance
Singapore

broquea

We don't disable anything, you should be able to trace. You'd be better served talking to the irc opers, as we have no say in their user connection policy.

cripperz

Hi,

thanks for the reply but i think its more of the tunnel issue. I was not able to traceroute to even ipv6.google.com . I am the Singapore tunnel.
Regards,
Haas
Cripperz Prodigy Freelance
Singapore

broquea

The do the usual troubleshooting. Make sure your IPv4 endpoint is up to date, etc.

brad

Quote from: cripperz on February 01, 2011, 11:18:05 AM
Hi,

thanks for the reply but i think its more of the tunnel issue. I was not able to traceroute to even ipv6.google.com . I am the Singapore tunnel.

Then there is something wrong with your system setup. The issue with this IRC server is on the other end somewhere closer to the server or the network it is hosted on.

nicoduck

I know that the german IRCnet admins have blocked the whole HE IPv6 Range:

QuoteWe decided to ban HE because it is pretty easy to get a tunnel there and they never reacted upon abuse reports.
There has been absolutly no response from HE when we reported abuse and asked them for disable this prefixes.

Sixxs instead has very fast response times on abuse reports.

So I asked HE about that, answer:

QuoteNo one from that IRC network
has contacted us as far as I've seen, so nothing to work with

So, no IRCnet here...

cholzhauer

I think that's very ironic.  I used to have a SIXXS tunnel and I've found exactly the opposite...HE fixes stuff before you know it's broke and SIXXS waits a few months.

nicoduck

Some Server just block the connection (via Firewall rules) some IRC6net server are more chatty and tell you/me that HE is K-Lines:

QuoteYou (*@2001:470:0:0:0:0:0:0/32) are banned from this server: All he.net tunnels klined - too many abuses - use http://www.sixxs.net/main/ and you have I-line!

:-(

/edit: it's not just for germany, this message was from an swedish host, the german ones closed the connection without further notice

chandro

Quote from: cholzhauer on April 29, 2011, 06:04:18 AM
I think that's very ironic.  I used to have a SIXXS tunnel and I've found exactly the opposite...HE fixes stuff before you know it's broke and SIXXS waits a few months.

thats true, before use HE i try with Sixxs, and there is 4 months i cant change the ip of the tunnel
2001:0:0:7::B0ND

broquea

This was likely all done years before we started changing the broker and adding more locations. In the last 4-5 years I've been working on it, never heard a peep from them. So I can only assume it was from before 2006-2007. This is all on them to decide to allow access. We're not going to petition for access to some random irc network.

Contacting us isn't hard:

ipv6@he.net
support@he.net
etc....and all very well published and documented