• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Finding those who publish IPv6 MX records?

Started by sporkv6, May 10, 2011, 10:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sporkv6

Hello,

I started doing some IPv6 testing at home and I was surprised to find out that at work our colo provider is now offering v6 transit.  So we've got a block and we've patched up some of our software and have some of the basics running.  After further testing, we need to find some actual live email providers that run v6 MXers.  I have no idea how to hunt them down...

Our business is mailing lists, so we'd like to just get everything on our end ready well ahead of time.  However I think we might be too far ahead - all the major mail providers we have relationships with have no definitive plans.  A Comcast engineer said they will be turning up some v6 MXers at the end of the year, so maybe they'll be our first live test.

Right now though I'd love to find a few webmail providers that I could create accounts with to do some more testing.

Where's a good place to start?  I figure .edu sites, any other ideas?

Thanks!

cholzhauer

I started doing some IPv6 testing at home and I was surprised to find out that at work our colo provider is now offering v6 transit

Who's doing your colo?

sporkv6

Quote from: cholzhauer on May 10, 2011, 11:07:17 AM
I started doing some IPv6 testing at home and I was surprised to find out that at work our colo provider is now offering v6 transit
Who's doing your colo?

NAC.net.  They're in NJ (HE doesn't have any facilities on this coast that I know of) and they're an interesting ISP.  They are sort of a mini-HE.net - they have quite a bit of peering - last I knew they had facilities for cross-connecting with people in Secaucus, Newark, Toronto, New York, WDC and London.  It looks like their IPv6 transit is through NLayer.

broquea

If you just want some email over IPv6, NANOG and some other technical mailing-lists have been IPv6 enabled for years.