• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

he.net and sixxs tunnel at the same time

Started by CrunkBass, September 22, 2011, 01:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrunkBass

Hello everyone,

I would like to test out to which provider I get the best connectivity from various ipv6 networks.
For this I want to set up a he.net and sixxs tunnel to my server at the same time.
I got a static ipv4 address and the server is running debian linux.

Is it possible to have two tunnels active at the same time?
If yes, can someone help me configuring the interfaces?

cholzhauer

Yes, you can run two tunnel brokers at the same time.

However, I'm not sure it'll be easy.  You can assign multiple IPv6 addresses to your clients without any problem, but you'll have to do some routing magic somewhere to control your traffic.

What I'm trying to say is if your default gateway on your clients is pointing to your router with the HE tunnel, none of the traffic is going to go to the router with the SIXXS tunnel.

It would be easier to test one tunnelbroker at a time or configure SIXXS on one machine and HE on another.

CrunkBass

Thank you for your reply.

There are no IPv6 clients in the server's network. The server is located in a datacenter which doesn't provide native IPv6 connection.
That's why I want to test out he.net and SixXS tunnels on this server.

I already set up a SixXS tunnel and a he.net tunnel but I can't get them working at the same time.
The SixXS tunnel works and the Server is reachable over IPv6.

If i add the he.net tunnel with
ifconfig sit0 up
ifconfig sit0 inet6 tunnel ::*Server IPv4 Address*
ifconfig sit1 up
ifconfig sit1 inet6 add *Client IPv6 Address*

the server is reachable via the SixxS IPv6 Address but not via the he.net IPv6 Address.

cholzhauer

Is the server behind NAT? If so, did you change the lines you entered?

CrunkBass

No, the server is not behind a NAT. The IPv4 address is directly pointed to the server.

ELY3M

I am having same problem.

I am trying to run 3 tunnels on one box. 

I wonder what to change to allow 3 tunnels to work? 

he.net tunnel works for me fine in irssi irc client...

but other two tunnels do not work for me and I cant use the ipv6 addresses in irssi from other two tunnels.