• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Problem updating IPv4 address through web interface

Started by kasperd, December 09, 2011, 09:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasperd

I tried to update the IPv4 address of a tunnel through the web interface, but it seems there is some javascript on the page that prevents me from doing so.

1. I go to the tunnel detail page.
2. I choose the input field with the IPv4 address.
3. I delete the old IPv4 address.
4. I copy the new IPv4 address from my terminal.
5. I try to paste the new IPv4 address into the input field.

At this point the input field doesn't exist any more. I assume some javascript has deleted it. Instead I see a text saying "New IP endpoint set!" even though I haven't pasted the new IPv4 address into the field yet.

kcochran

Have it in your clipboard before losing focus on the input field, for now.  I'll look at this tomorrow and see about improving the flow if you lose focus with an empty field.

kasperd

Quote from: kcochran on December 12, 2011, 02:41:37 PMHave it in your clipboard before losing focus on the input field, for now.
Deleting the existing contents of the field overwrites the clipboard. So if I first copy the new IP to the clipboard, then delete the old IP from the field, then paste, it will be pasting the old IP instead of the new.

kcochran

Quote from: kasperd on December 13, 2011, 04:54:19 AM
Deleting the existing contents of the field overwrites the clipboard. So if I first copy the new IP to the clipboard, then delete the old IP from the field, then paste, it will be pasting the old IP instead of the new.

Nothing in the JavaScript for that touches the clipboard.  I paste addresses in there all the time.  That particular behavior would either have to be something amiss on your side, or some really weird jQuery action in an edge case configuration.  In any case, I'll still see about keeping it an input field while it's blank and unfocused.

kcochran

The page will now keep the input field visible if there's nothing in it at the time it loses focus.