• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Problem with tunnel

Started by alissonb, October 24, 2011, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alissonb

Hello guys. I tried to configure the tunnel on my Windows 7, but I'm not getting because I do not have a real IP. I received a IP 192.*, and IP provider is 189.* (real). It is impossible to use Hurricane Electric tunnels without a real IP? Has anyone experienced this?

I can only use tunnels gogo6 with my connection, but I can not customize the IP the way I hoped, so I tried to migrate to the HE.

Thank you!

k1mu

Quote from: alissonb on October 24, 2011, 11:48:57 AM
Hello guys. I tried to configure the tunnel on my Windows 7, but I'm not getting because I do not have a real IP. I received a IP 192.*, and IP provider is 189.* (real). It is impossible to use Hurricane Electric tunnels without a real IP? Has anyone experienced this?

That 192.168.* address is a Network Address Translation (NAT) address provided by your router. You must configure that router to forward the traffic from the HE endpoint to your Windows 7 host, which means that you must have the ability to manage that router. If it's a router supplied by your ISP and managed by them, you're probably out of luck unless you can set up something like a "DMZ Host" as a catch-all. The answer to your question depends on what kind of NAT router that you're using.

cholzhauer

k1mu is right.  You can still try and set up a tunnel though.

Use your public IP on the HE website.  However, when you go to issue the commands to configure the tunnel on windows, substitute your 192. address for your public IP address

alissonb

I configured the tunnel with my external ip (ISP), but did not work. I believe that there is not communication, because when packets arrive at the provider, do not know they have to come to me, for I am but a client that there are many others in ISP.

E.g:

HE -> ISP -> do not know who I am in the crowd (192.168.100.1)

I do not have to configure the provider to come to me the packets.

Understand?

But using the gogo6, which has a client program, I can navigate, probably because I connect to their server, and they do this directly with the tunnel my connection.

cholzhauer

haha nope, I don't understand.

Is your ISP handing you a public IP or a private IP?  What's the IP address on the outside of your router?

k1mu

What you're implying is that your ISP gives you only a 192.168.1.x private address and that others connected to that ISP share the same network. That's not normally the case - typically there's a per-customer router that has a public internet address that provides address translation for a separate (non-shared) private network. It's possible you're running in to a CGN (Carrier-Grade NAT) situation where your ISP uses one public IP for multiple home users; if that's the case, you don't have a router dedicated to your connection and then can't get the HE tunnel to work.

However, we're guessing here. If you don't understand how the IPv4 connectivity to your home well enough for us to figure out how it works, then there's little chance we can get you working.

alissonb

I am Brazilian, I am not able to expose exactly what I want with this google translator hauahau. But summarizing everything, I do not have a real IP.

The operation of my internet is:

Packet -> My ISP (189 .*) -> My radio antenna (Power Over Ethernet - 192.168.100.1) -> My home wireless router (10.0.0.1) -> My PC (10.0.0.100)

Do you understand?

cholzhauer

That's a lot of NAT

All you can do is try and hope that Protocol41 is being passed through each device....I don't know how many layers of NAT you can work your way through and still have this work

Use your Public 189 address to create the tunnel with HE and use whatever NAT address is on the host of your router

alissonb

I think the solution for me is to use the tunnels gogo6, whose operation is similar to TeamViewer, bypassing the NAT, because I connect on their server, so entering the tunnel through the program client.

cholzhauer

Obviously you're free to do what you want, but if you can make it work, He's tunnel is your better choice, IMHO

alissonb

I have a poor internet. In Brazil things are late!

But taking advantage of the situation. How would I do to personalize my IP if tunnel working?

cholzhauer

I'm not sure what you mean by personalizing your IP

EDIT:

http://gogonet.gogo6.com/forum/topics/how-to-customize-the-ip?xg_source=activity

alissonb

Yes, you already told me there:)

jrocha

You've got two levels of NAT going on there, with one level being a possible CGN. I am rather doubtful you will be able to setup a tunnel through all of that.

But if you want to try, when you enter the commands on your computer, replace the 189.* IP with 10.0.0.100.