• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

When using the HE Tunnel, what IPv6 address is my external address?

Started by Chrisszzyy, July 19, 2012, 10:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisszzyy

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to say how impressed and thankful I am with the tools you offer.

I am a newbie to IPv6 (But I am learning :) ) and I am a bit confused over something:

I have opened port 80 on my IPv4 edge router pointing towards my IPv6 core router (Which is the local end of the tunnel to HE) so the internet can see content over the IPv6 tunnel. However I am slightly confused, what IP is the one people would use to access my network via the IPv6 tunnel from the internet?

Is it the "Client IPv6 Address" given to me in the Tunnel broker facility under the Tunnel I am using? I have tried to enter it several times into the Apache servers' web browser but it doesn't seem to load at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Chris

jtcloe

IPv6 has no nat, so address confusion goes away in that respect.  Its what ever address you assigned to that box.

IPv4 specific firewall rules won't affect IPv6 traffic.

Are you sure your tunnel is actually up?  Can you ping the HE side from your side?  Nat routers are very troublesome in passing tunneled traffic.

Chrisszzyy

Yes, I can access IPv6 sites on the Server, and can ping all IPv6 IPs. I just can't seem to get the server to host via that IP.

For the Firewall/router, I am using PfSense and have set all of the rules up properly.

jtcloe

sttun

Quote from: Chrisszzyy on July 19, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
Yes, I can access IPv6 sites on the Server, and can ping all IPv6 IPs. I just can't seem to get the server to host via that IP.

For the Firewall/router, I am using PfSense and have set all of the rules up properly.
seems like a config error on the http server, can you put the relevant part of the config in a pasetbin and post the link, and please  tell us what http server you are using, sadly i can only help with Apache.
Is theat server accessible from outside the firewall, in that case what is the host name and ipv6 address?